BSB51315 DIPLOMA OF WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY (WHS)
- Course name – Brisbane Diploma of Work Health and Safety – BSB51315
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Duration – 5-day face-to-face training, delivered by highly experienced trainers. Candidates are required to complete a post-course project within 12 months of completing the face-to-face training.
- Cost – $1,899*. A $1,500 deposit is required to secure the enrolment; remainder payable prior to the final day of training. A payment plan is available to approved applicants – please call to enquire. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
- Prerequisite bundle pricing – $2500*. Includes the 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety and the full BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification (additional training days apply). $790 deposit is required to secure the enrolment; remainder payable on confirmation of entry into the Diploma program. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
BRISBANE DIPLOMA OF WHS UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
|Brisbane||24 February and 3, 10, 17 and 24 March 2018 (5 x Saturdays)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||26 February – 2 March 2018 (Mon – Fri)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||16 April – 20 April 2018 (Mon – Fri)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT IS THE DIPLOMA OF WHS?
ASLS’ Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) has been developed and tested by our team of highly experienced trainers and assessors, giving you the knowledge and skills to advance your career or transfer between industries.
This nationally recognised qualification reflects the role of individuals who coordinate and maintain the WHS program within an organisation. These individuals typically possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Upon successful completion of safety training for the Diploma of WHS, participants will be able to apply safety solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM DIPLOMA OF WHS TRAINING?
The Diploma of WHS provides knowledge and skills which are transferable across a range of industries. The Diploma of WHS qualification would suit a practitioner within the OHS or WHS field, in a range of sectors, including mining and construction, safety, and Government and corporate.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma OHS qualification include:
- OHS/WHS Advisor
- OHS/WHS Practitioner
- OHS/WHS Superintendent
- OHS/WHS Professional
- OHS/WHS Consultant
- Senior OHS/WHS Officer
ASLS offers Diploma WHS training in Brisbane as well as On Location – flexible group safety training, delivered at our client’s preferred location.
You must satisfy the following prerequisite requirements:
- 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- At least 2 years’ experience in a safety role, which includes the development and review of safety systems
- Computer skills, e.g. basic word processing and ability to access internet resources.
- Language, literacy, and numeracy suitable for a Diploma level qualification
Don’t have the 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about a bundle. Special pricing applies.
HOW DO I ENROL
An enrolment applicant summary experience questionnaire is completed by all candidates to gain information on their industry experience as well as evaluating the language, literacy and numeracy levels appropriate to this course.
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link and submitting the form to ASLS or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook (including LLN assessment), enrolment form and applicant summary experience questionnaire.
Individual and collaborative activities are based on the application of workplace systems, as well as case studies and simulated activities. Homework activities will be required during the 5-day face-to-face delivery period.
Candidates are required to complete a post-course project that will involve the analysis, development and review of workplace health and safety systems, policies and procedures.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
On successful completion of all requirements of the course, candidates will be awarded the nationally recognised qualification BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety, by our partner organisation, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.
More information about Diploma of WHS:
- Diploma WHS Course Overview »
- Diploma WHS Career Pathways »
- Frequently Asked Questions »
- Is it right for me? »
- Meet Our Facilitators »