BSB51315 DIPLOMA OF WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY (WHS)
- Course name – Brisbane Diploma of Work Health and Safety – BSB51315
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Workshop Duration – 5-day face-to-face training. Candidates are given a further 12 months to complete post course learning and assessment activities.
- Cost – $1,795*. A $1,500 deposit is required to secure the enrolment; remainder payable prior to the final day of training. A payment plan is available to approved applicants – please call to enquire. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
- Prerequisite bundle pricing – $2,500*. Includes the 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety and the full BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification (additional training days apply).
Individuals are required to pay a $790 deposit to secure their enrolment; a further $1500 payment on confirmation of entry into the Diploma program and the balance of $210 prior to completing training. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
BRISBANE DIPLOMA OF WHS UPCOMING WORKSHOP TRAINING DATES
|Brisbane||3 – 7 December October 2018 (Mon – Fri)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT IS THE DIPLOMA OF WHS?
ASLS’ Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) has been developed and tested by our team of highly experienced trainers and assessors, giving you the knowledge and skills to advance your career or transfer between industries.
This nationally recognised qualification reflects the role of individuals who coordinate and maintain the WHS program within an organisation. These individuals typically possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Upon successful completion of safety training for the Diploma of WHS, participants will be able to apply safety solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM DIPLOMA OF WHS TRAINING?
The Diploma of WHS provides knowledge and skills which are transferable across a range of industries. The Diploma of WHS qualification would suit a practitioner within the OHS or WHS field, in a range of sectors, including mining and construction, safety, and Government and corporate.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma OHS qualification include:
- OHS/WHS Advisor
- OHS/WHS Practitioner
- OHS/WHS Superintendent
- OHS/WHS Professional
- OHS/WHS Consultant
- Senior OHS/WHS Officer
ASLS offers Diploma WHS training in Brisbane as well as On Location – flexible group safety training, delivered at our client’s preferred location.
Candidates for this course are required to have some experience coordinating and maintaining work health and safety (WHS) programs in an organisation including WHS performance measures and outcomes, strategies, policies, procedures and resources.
You must satisfy the following prerequisite requirements:
- 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- At least 2 years’ experience in a safety role, which includes the development and review of safety systems
- Computer skills, e.g. basic word processing and ability to access internet resources.
- Language, literacy, and numeracy suitable for a Diploma level qualification
Don’t have the 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety? Email email@example.com to ask about a bundle. Special pricing applies.
HOW DO I ENROL
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link and submitting the form to ASLS or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook (including LLN assessment), enrolment form and applicant summary experience questionnaire.
All candidates are required to provide a current copy of their CV or workplace position description and copies of any relevant qualifications or certificates with their enrolment form. These documents assist ASLS in determining your current work, health and safety knowledge and experience and ensure that you are enrolling in the right course for you.
Individual and collaborative activities are based on the application of workplace systems, as well as case studies and simulated activities. Homework activities will be required during the 5-day face-to-face delivery period.
Candidates are required to complete a post-course project that will involve the analysis, development and review of workplace health and safety systems, policies and procedures.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) states that the volume of learning / expected course duration of a Diploma qualification is typically one (1) to two (2) years.
This time may be shortened for students who have experience coordinating and maintaining work health and safety (WHS) programs in an organisation including WHS performance measures and outcomes, strategies, policies, procedures and resources. ASLS’s enrolment process involves discussing your current skills and knowledge in work health and safety with you and reviewing your CV and workplace position description and copies of any relevant qualifications or certificates to determine an appropriate amount of training for you.
This BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety course is delivered over 5 intensive workshop days followed by supported self-directed learning, completed at your own pace.
On successful completion of all requirements of the course, candidates will be awarded the nationally recognised qualification BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety, by our partner organisation, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.
More information about Diploma of WHS:
- Diploma WHS Course Overview »
- Diploma WHS Career Pathways »
- Frequently Asked Questions »
- Is it right for me? »
- Meet Our Facilitators »