TAELLN411 ADDRESS ADULT LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY SKILLS
- Course name – LLN Course – TAELLN411
- Training Workshop Duration – 1 day (8:30 am – 4:30 pm). Candidates are given three (3) months to complete their assessment.
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Cost – $290* ex GST per person. Full payment is required to secure enrolment. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES for the LLN (TAELLN411) Course.
|Brisbane||16 April 2018||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||8 May 2018||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT IS THE LLN COURSE (TAELLN411)?
The LLN Course (TAELLN411) introduces trainers and assessors to core language, literacy and numeracy skills in training and assessment practice. Competence in this unit does not indicate that a person is a qualified adult language, literacy, numeracy practitioner or specialist.
Australian Safety and Learning Systems offers this training program in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE LLN COURSE (TAELLN411)
Completion of this unit will benefit VET practitioners by providing them with the skills and knowledge to recognise the core language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) demands of training and assessment and to tailor training and assessment to suit individual LLN skill levels, including accessing relevant support resources.
On Friday 7th July 2017, the Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills, the Hon Karen Andrews MP issued a press release stating that trainers and assessors who currently hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or the Assessor Skill Set will need to also hold the following units by 1 April 2019:
- TAELLN411 (or TAELLN401A) Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 (or TAELLN501A/B) Design and develop assessment tools.
The trainer and assessor credential requirements have been updated in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and apply to all trainers and assessors delivering nationally recognised training.
The LLN Course covers:
- Determining the core LLN requirements of training
- Selecting resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
- Accessing specialist learning support
- Customising programs to develop core LLN skills
The following prerequisite requirements apply for enrolment into the TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills course:
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR
- TAESS00003 / TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set OR
- TAESS00001 / TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set.
HOW DO I ENROL
An enrolment applicant summary experience questionnaire is completed by all candidates to gain information on their vocational competency and industry experience as well as ensuring the required language, literacy and numeracy levels appropriate to this course.
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook (including LLN assessment), enrolment form and applicant summary experience questionnaire.
All candidates are required to provide a current copy of their CV or workplace position description and copies of any relevant qualifications or certificates with their enrolment form. These documents assist ASLS in determining your current language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) knowledge and experience and ensure that you are enrolling in the right course for you.
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
1 day of face-to-face training with the completion of some assessment items, in your own time, outside of class. The assessment tasks to be completed outside of the classroom require students to select a group of workers and identify their LLN levels to customise a workplace learning resource, deliver the training and assess the relevance and value of that training.
Candidates are given three (3) months to complete their assessments.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued a Statement of Attainment by our partner, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831, for the following unit:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills