TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
- Course name – TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
- Training Workshop Duration – 1 day (8:00am – 4:30pm)
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Cost – $350* ex GST per person. Full payment is required to secure enrolment. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES for the TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course.
|Brisbane||6 October 2017||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||17 November 2017||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT IS THE TAEASS502 DESIGN AND DEVELOP ASSESSMENT TOOLS COURSE?
The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course introduces trainers and assessors to the skills and knowledge required to design and develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative and recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course covers:
- Determining the focus of the assessment tool
- Designing the assessment tool
- Developing the assessment tool
- Reviewing and trailing the assessment tool
Australian Safety and Learning Systems offers this training program in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE TAEASS502 DESIGN AND DEVELOP ASSESSMENT TOOLS COURSE
On Friday 7th July 2017, the Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills, the Hon Karen Andrews MP issued a press release stating that trainers and assessors who currently hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or the Assessor Skill Set will need to also hold the following units by 1 April 2019:
- TAELLN411 (or TAELLN401A) Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 (or TAEASS501A/B) Design and develop assessment tools.
The trainer and assessor credential requirements have been updated in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and apply to all trainers and assessors delivering nationally recognised training.
The following prerequisite requirements apply for enrolment into the TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course:
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR
- TAESS00003 / TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set AND
- Good computer skills to appropriately format assessment tools and documentation using Microsoft Word, word processing software.
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
Students are required to complete pre-reading activities prior to attending the training workshop day. The pre-reading material will be provided in electronic format (pdf) and sent upon confirmation of enrolment.
All assessment will be completed outside the classroom in your own time. You will require access to a computer (with Adobe Reader and Microsoft Word installed) and a reliable internet connection. You will also need access to a video recording device e.g. smart phone or webcam, to record some assessment activities.
Students are given two months to submit their assessment following completion of the training workshop day.
HOW DO I ENROL IN TAEASS502 DESIGN AND DEVELOP ASSESSMENT TOOLS
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook and enrolment form.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued a Statement of Attainment by our partner, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831, for the following unit:
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools