TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
- Course name – TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
- Training Workshop Duration – 2 days (8:00am – 4:30pm)
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Cost – $550* ex GST per person. Full payment is required to secure enrolment. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES for the TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course.
|Brisbane||24 – 25 January 2018||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||28 – 29 March 2018||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT IS THE TAEASS502 DESIGN AND DEVELOP ASSESSMENT TOOLS COURSE?
The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course introduces trainers and assessors to the skills and knowledge required to design and develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative and recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course covers:
- Determining the focus of the assessment tool
- Designing the assessment tool
- Developing the assessment tool
- Reviewing and trailing the assessment tool
Australian Safety and Learning Systems offers this training program in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE TAEASS502 DESIGN AND DEVELOP ASSESSMENT TOOLS COURSE
On Friday 7th July 2017, the Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills, the Hon Karen Andrews MP issued a press release stating that trainers and assessors who currently hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or the Assessor Skill Set will need to also hold the following units by 1 April 2019:
- TAELLN411 (or TAELLN401A) Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 (or TAEASS501A/B) Design and develop assessment tools.
The trainer and assessor credential requirements have been updated in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and apply to all trainers and assessors delivering nationally recognised training.
The following prerequisite requirements apply for enrolment into the TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course:
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR
- TAESS00001 Assessor Skill Set OR
- TAESS00003 / TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set AND
- Good computer skills to appropriately format assessment tools and documentation using Microsoft Word, word processing software.
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
Students are required to complete pre-reading activities prior to attending the training workshop. The pre-reading material will be provided in electronic format (pdf) and sent upon confirmation of enrolment.
A number of assessment tasks will be completed outside the classroom, in your own time. You will require access to a computer (with Adobe Reader and Microsoft Word installed) and a reliable internet connection. You will also need access to a video recording device e.g. smartphone or webcam, to record some assessment activities.
Students are given two months to submit all assessment tasks following completion of the training workshop.
HOW DO I ENROL IN TAEASS502 DESIGN AND DEVELOP ASSESSMENT TOOLS
An enrolment applicant summary experience questionnaire is completed by all candidates to gain information on their vocational competency and industry experience as well as ensuring the required language, literacy and numeracy levels appropriate to this course. Candidates who have considerable experience in designing and developing assessment tools for individuals or workgroups in industry, may apply to enrol for only day 1 of the training workshop, and complete all assessment tasks in their own time (a reduced fee applies to this option). All other candidates are required to attend both days of training to ensure they have the knowledge and practical skills required to complete their assessments following the training workshop.
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook, enrolment form and applicant summary experience questionnaire.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by ASLS.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued a Statement of Attainment by our partner, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831, for the following unit:
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools