- Course name – WHS Essentials
- Workshop Duration – 3-days face-to-face. Candidates are given a further 6 – 12 months to complete post workshop learning and assessment activities.
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Cost – $790*. Full payment is required to secure enrolment. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
|Brisbane||12 – 14 March 2018 (Mon – Wed)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||7, 14 and 21 April 2018 (3 x Saturdays)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||30 – 2 May 2018 (Mon – Wed)||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT ARE WHS ESSENTIALS?
ASLS’s WHS Essentials program makes it easier for businesses, business owners, supervisors and managers to understand and meet their due diligence obligations. It provides crucial skills to better understand industry practices, and improve workplace safety culture. WHS Essentials clusters the core units of BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety in 3 days of face-to-face training.
The units attained in the WHS Essentials program are prerequisite requirements for BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety. Upon successful completion of WHS Essentials, eligible participants are then able to enrol in the Diploma of WHS.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM WHS ESSENTIALS TRAINING?
The WHS Essentials program is ideal for:
- Sole traders, supervisors and small business owners to meet their safety duties
- Peace of mind, that Supervisors and Managers are equipped to meet due diligence requirements
- Individuals or businesses that need to attain the Diploma qualification quickly and with minimal disturbance to workflow
- Individuals wanting to up-skill for career progression, or seeking transferable skills to change industries
- WHS Professionals who need to add to their theoretical knowledge base – the Diploma WHS is a key qualification along the pathway to higher study
ASLS offers WHS Essentials training in Brisbane as well as On Location – flexible group safety training, delivered at our client’s site or office.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
HOW DO I ENROL
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link and submitting the form to ASLS or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook (including LLN assessment), enrolment form and applicant summary experience questionnaire.
All candidates are required to provide a current copy of their CV or workplace position description and copies of any relevant qualifications or certificates with their enrolment form. These documents assist ASLS in determining your current work, health and safety knowledge and experience and ensure that you are enrolling in the right course for you.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued a Statement of Attainment by our partner, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831, for the following units:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
RELATED SAFETY TRAINING COURSES FOR THE WHS ESSENTIALS PROGRAM
PATHWAYS FROM THE WHS ESSENTIALS PROGRAM
After successfully completing the WHS Essentials program, students may undertake the:
- Final 2 days of BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety at a later date, to complete the full qualification
- BSB51315 Diploma of WHS, a qualification for those wishing to develop specialised skills and knowledge required to coordinate and maintain the WHS program within an organisation.
The Diploma of WHS is offered by ASLS as a 5-day intensive program for eligible participants.