BSBWHS407 ASSIST WITH CLAIMS MANAGEMENT, REHABILITATION AND RETURN-TO-WORK PROGRAMS (RRTWC Course)
The Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator course is suitable for individuals who assist with claims management, rehabilitation, and return-to-work programs.
- Face-to-face training for better learner outcomes
- Gain the skills and knowledge to perform the role of a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator
- Experienced trainers
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE BSBWHS407 ASSIST WITH CLAIMS MANAGEMENT, REHABILITATION, AND RETURN-TO-WORK PROGRAMS COURSE?
Employers benefit by having an appropriately qualified Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator (RRTWC) who is competent to carry out their role as per S.226 of the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003.
Employees / RRTWC’s will gain an understanding of the principles involved in the management of injured workers with reference to the legislation and on successful completion of the course be able to fulfil the Functions of a RRTWC as per Reg 114 of the Regulation.
Note: This unit does not in any way address the process of treating the worker for their injury or illness, as this is the task of health and rehabilitation professionals. Instead, the unit focuses on assisting with managing claims and ensuring that the organisation supports the worker through return-to-work programs.
The Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator course covers:
- assist with processing and analysing workers’ compensation claims including:
- identifying and reporting on the nature of the injury
- estimating the period of absence from work
- ensuring arrangements are made in the work team to deal with absence as needed
- assist with planning, implementation of a rehabilitation or return-to-work program including
- job redesign, reduced hours and alternative duties as appropriate
- documenting existing skills, experience and capabilities of affected worker
- assisting with the design of a rehabilitation or return-to-work program and determining retraining requirements
- consulting with relevant managers about the program
- assist with monitoring and evaluating a rehabilitation or return-to-work program including
- facilitating regular contact, feedback, and communications between provider, supervising manager, and worker
- identifying and notifying breaches of the return-to-work program and taking prompt remedial action
- modifying the program where appropriate
- evaluating the program and implementing recommendations for system improvement where appropriate
REHABILITATION AND RETURN TO WORK COORDINATOR COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Participants are required to read course material and complete an assessment questionnaire prior to attending this course. Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator course material and the assessment questionnaire will be sent to students upon enrolment. There may be some post course work.
On successful completion of the Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator course, participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation, and return-to-work programs.
Australian Safety and Learning Systems offers this training course in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.