Diploma of WHS – Work Health and Safety BSB51315
This exciting and nationally recognised qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety program in a workplace. Get recognition for your work experience and obtain a formal WHS qualification now.
- ASLS offers an intensive delivery format over 5-days
- Face to Face (we believe in the good old fashioned way of learning)
- 12 months to complete post course work
- A simple step-by-step application process- Start now
- Guaranteed delivery by industry experienced trainers
- On-location courses contextualised to your industry.
WHAT IS THE DIPLOMA WHS?
ASLS’ Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) has been developed and tested by our team of industry experienced trainers and assessors, giving you the knowledge and skills to advance your career, or transfer between industries. This is your opportunity.
You typically possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts. Upon successful completion of safety training for the Diploma WHS, you will be able to apply safety solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. Unleash your potential.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM DIPLOMA WHS TRAINING?
The Diploma WHS provides knowledge and skills, which are transferrable across a range of industries. The Diploma of WHS qualification would suit a practitioner within the OHS or WHS field, in a range of sectors, including mining and construction, safety, and Government and corporate.
Your job roles and titles may vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma OHS qualification include: OHS/WHS Advisor • OHS/WHS Practitioner • OHS/WHS Superintendent • OHS/WHS Professional • OHS/WHS Consultant • Senior OHS/WHS Officer
QUALIFICATION – Core/ Elective Units
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety consists of five (5) core units and four (4) elective units.
BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
BSBWHS504 Manage WHS hazards and risks
BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
BSBWHS509 Facilitate the development and use of hazard-management tools
BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
You must satisfy the following prerequisite requirements:
Statement of Attainment for all 5 core units from the BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or their equivalents:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- At least 2 years’ experience in a safety role, which includes the development and review of safety systems and
- Language, literacy, and numeracy for Diploma level and
- Computer skills, e.g. basic word processing and ability to access internet resources.
Simply contact ASLS to discuss the pre-requisite requirements for the Diploma of WHS.
Australian Safety and Learning Systems offers this training program in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.