TAE40116 CERTIFICATE IV IN TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT UPGRADE
- Course name – TAE40116 Upgrade from TAE40110. (Includes the units TAELLN411, TAEASS401, TAEASS403 and TAEASS502.)
- Workshop Duration – Varies, depending on units required, up to a maximum of 4 days face-to-face training. ASLS will work with you to determine your requirements.
Candidates are given up to 6 months to complete post workshop learning and assessment activities.
- Location – Brisbane training facilities. Available On Location – flexible group training delivered at our client’s site or office, or at our Brisbane training facility.
- Cost – $480.00 to $1120.00 depending on units required. Full payment is required on enrolment. A payment plan is available to approved individuals – please call to enquire.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
|Brisbane||TAELLN411 – 16 April 2018
TAEASS401 & TAEASS403 Gap Training – 17 April 2018
TAEASS502 – 18 and 19 April 2018
|8:30AM – 4:30PM|
|Brisbane||TAELLN411 – 8 May 2018
TAEASS401 & TAEASS403 Gap Training – 9 May 2018
TAEASS502 – 10 and 11 May 2018
|8:30AM – 4:30PM|
|Brisbane||1300 260 300 to enquire||8:30AM – 4:30PM|
WHAT IS THE TAE40116 UPGRADE FROM TAE40110 COURSE?
The TAE40116 upgrade from TAE40110 course is for existing VET trainers and assessors wishing to upgrade to the currently endorsed TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
This course includes the following units:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes (Gap Training)
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation (Gap Training)
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Note: Candidates only need enrol for the units they require.
Australian Safety and Learning Systems offers this training program in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO number 30831.
DO I HAVE TO UPGRADE MY TAE40110 TO TAE40116?
No, it is not mandatory to upgrade your TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to the current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification, however, VET trainers and assessors will need to ensure that they have all the required units as stipulated in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 .
On Friday 7th July 2017, the Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills, the Hon Karen Andrews MP issued a press release stating that trainers and assessors who currently hold the TAE40110 IV in Training and Assessment or the Assessor Skill Set will need to also hold the following units by 1 April 2019:
- TAELLN411 (or TAELLN401A) Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 (or TAEASS502B) Design and develop assessment tools.
The trainer and assessor credential requirements have been updated in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and apply to all trainers and assessors delivering nationally recognised training.
You must satisfy the following prerequisite requirements:
- JP certified TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification, including the transcript of results
- Evidence that you have maintained professional development since being awarded TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Complete and submit the mandatory TAE pre-enrolment skills questionnaire
- Have vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification
- Provide your own laptop computer with internet access to research and source reference materials.
- Access to a video recording device e.g. smartphone or webcam, to record some assessment activities.
- Have sound verbal and written English and Mathematics (at least to Year 10 standard)
- Have good computer skills, including Microsoft Office skills e.g. MS Word, MS PowerPoint or similar applications to create documents, incorporating tables and graphics.
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
Candidates are required to complete pre-reading activities prior to attending the training workshop days. The pre-reading material will be provided in electronic format (pdf) and sent upon confirmation of enrolment.
A number of assessment tasks will be completed outside the classroom, in your own time. You will require access to a computer (with Adobe Reader and Microsoft Word installed) and a reliable internet connection.
This course is delivered by blended mode in up to 4 days of face-to-face workshops and supported self-directed learning, completed at your own pace. ASLS staff will monitor your progress to keep you motivated and on track.
HOW DO I ENROL?
You may request an application pack by clicking on this link or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The application pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, TAE pre-enrolment skills questionnaire and participant handbook (including LLN assessment).
All candidates are required to complete the TAE pre-enrolment skills questionnaire to enable an assessor to determine the appropriate amount of learning to meet your needs. Candidates are given three months to submit all assessment tasks following completion of the training workshop.
Upon successful completion of the TAE40116 upgrade course, students will be issued the nationally recognised qualification, TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, by our partner, Healthy Business Training Academy, RTO number 30831.