Terms and conditions
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For courses with a fee of $1,250 or less, full payment must be made on enrolment to secure your booking, unless prior arrangements with ASLS have been made.
- For courses with a fee of more than $1,500, a deposit of $1,500 must be made on enrolment to secure your booking and the balance of the fee paid prior to the final day of formal training, unless prior arrangements with ASLS have been made.
If cancellation occurs thereafter, refunds will be paid in accordance with the policy below:
Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellations received more than 10 working days in advance of the start of the course will be able to transfer to a future course without penalty. Cancellations will otherwise attract a 20% administration fee, and the balance of the course fee refunded.
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course will forfeit 50% of the course fee.
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the start of the course will forfeit 100% of the course fee.
- Substitution of a participant is acceptable without incurring additional costs.
- Transfer to another course date is acceptable up to 5 working days before commencement of the course. A 20% administration fee will apply if less than 5 days.
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being forfeited.
- In all cases, a substitute may be nominated to attend the original course without penalty.
- Enrolment is accepted on the basis that ASLS will not be held liable for costs incurred due to course cancellation or rescheduling. ASLS will use all endeavours to give as early advice as possible of any course changes, and the above cancellation conditions will not apply where ASLS cancels any training course.
- Course dates and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- Clients who have a complaint with the application of this policy may take action in accordance with the ASLS Grievances and Appeals Procedure.
Credit Card Surcharge
A credit card surcharge of 0.869% will apply to all credit card payments. This surcharge represents the bank processing fees incurred by ASLS for receiving payments by Visa and Mastercard. Amex and Diners cards are not accepted by ASLS.
Privacy and Data Collection Policy
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR ASLS STUDENTS
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Australian Safety and Learning Systems is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Australian Safety and Learning Systems for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. ASLS may disclose your personal information for these purposes, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
ASLS WEBSITE PRIVACY AND DATA COLLECTION POLICY
Thank you for visiting the Australian Safety & Learning Systems website. We know that you care about how information about you is used and stored. This document sets out our Privacy and Data Collection Policy, and your visit to the website is subject to this policy. Australian Safety & Learning Systems reserves the right to change and update this policy at any time, with such changes effective immediately upon posting to the website. If the policy changes, a notice will be posted on this website advising you of the change. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of recent changes to the policy.
If you visit or use this website, your acceptance of this policy is implied, as is your consent to any disclosures made in accordance with this policy. Please take the time to read it carefully.
Children may only use this website with appropriate adult supervision from a parent, guardian or other adult. Australian Safety & Learning Systems does not knowingly collect information from children under 18 years of age.
In order to efficiently process your enquiries, bookings and payments, we may gather the following types of information about you:
We collect the following personal information from you at the time of enquiry:
- Your name – this is required so that we may properly address you in correspondence and verbal communications. We also use your name to reserve your place on your selected training course.
- Your date of birth – this is used solely for identification purposes. There are many people with the same name who attend our courses, so to ensure that we don’t mix you up with anyone else, we use both your name and date of birth as identification.
- Your address – we use your address to forward correspondence (may include booking confirmation, pre-reading material, and statements of attainment upon course completion) to you.
- Your telephone number – you will receive a courtesy confirmation phone call several days prior to the course commencement date to ensure that you are ready to attend the course and to advise you of any last minute changes.
- Your email address – this is used to send material and information to you which is not appropriate to post to your physical address. Such information may include changes to course start/finish times, updated course requirements, or dates for associated courses. You will also receive a booking confirmation email from us to the email address you have provided.
We collect the following employment information from you at the time of booking:
- Employer name – we regularly provide training to corporate groups, and in some circumstances we may offer training to your employer which may obviate the need for you to attend one of our public courses. We also use your employer’s name to process invoices if required.
We collect the following training information from you at the time of enquiry:
- Course name – we need to know the name of the course you would like to attend in order to reserve a place for you. In some cases, the name of the course may imply certain things about you or your previous training.
- Course date – we need to know the date of the course you would like to attend in order to reserve a place for you. This date is confirmed with you when we confirm your booking.
We collect the following payment information from you at the time of booking:
- Credit card details – if you are paying by credit card, we need to know this information in order to process your payment. Credit card details are not collected via this website.
- Invoice details – if your course payment is being invoiced to your employer, we need to know those details in order to process the invoice.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy acceptance – we need to make sure that you are aware of the requirement to pay for the course in full, for courses with fees under $1250 in total or for courses with fees exceeding $1500, payment of a $1500 deposit to secure your enrolment, and to ensure that you are aware of and satisfied with our cancellation and refund procedure.
We ask that you provide the following (optional) information at the time of booking:
- How did you hear about us – we use this information to target our advertising most effectively.
Any information we collect about you is stored within our premises in the short term, and a random sample of information is stored off site in a secure data storage facility in the long term. All information collected electronically is stored on our secure server located within our premises. Information collected through this website is stored in a secure password-protected database off site. This information is available to Australian Safety & Learning Systems staff within their secure administration website (credit card information is NOT stored anywhere) and information stored on the secure database is available only to the Australian Safety & Learning Systems webmaster (currently an employee of Australian Safety & Learning Systems).
Credit card and other payment information is destroyed immediately after use. Paper copies of information are shredded to ensure the privacy and security of your information.
Access to your information
Australian Safety & Learning Systems will, upon verification of your identify, disclose to you the personal and booking information that it keeps in relation to your booking. Where the law permits non-disclosure, Australian Safety & Learning Systems will disclose such information to you only after discussion with the Principal.
Information stored by Australian Safety & Learning Systems is available only to persons employed by the organisation. In some circumstances, Australian Safety & Learning Systems will disclose certain information about you (such as name, employer, and course bookings) to contractors retained by us as trainers. Under no circumstances will your information be disclosed to an employee or contractor who is not directly involved with processing your booking or payment or facilitating your training.
Except to the extent required by law and for the following exceptions, no external organisation or third party has any access to the information Australian Safety & Learning Systems keeps about you. Industry bodies and boards are provided with broad statistical information (such as number of attendees at certain courses), and in circumstances where your employer has paid for your training they may be advised of attendance and assessment results upon request. No further personal or payment information is provided.
Australian Safety & Learning Systems does not share, sell or provide any of your personal information to advertising or marketing organisations.
This website contains links to other websites. Australian Safety & Learning Systems is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites accessed by links from this website.
Updating your information
Any information you provide to Australian Safety & Learning Systems may be added to or updated by you at any time. You should ensure that your contact details are kept updated to minimise the risk of mail or other information being sent to an unrelated party.
Information collected by third parties
During a visitor’s use of the site, ASLS may collect information about their computer, including where available the IP address, operating system and browser types, for system administration. This is statistical data about the users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, ASLS may obtain information about general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of a visitor’s computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to a computer’s hard drive and may help to improve the ASLS website and to deliver a better and more personalised service to clients.
There is certain information which is deemed to be sensitive at law, including for example, your race, sexual preference, criminal record or membership of a political association or trade union. Australian Safety & Learning Systems does not knowingly collect any such sensitive information about you, and will not do so unless your prior consent has been obtained.
Concerns and further information
If you have any questions about this policy or anything else on this website, please contact us and we will be only too happy to assist you in any way possible.
Code of Practice
As a Registered Training Organisation, Australian Safety & Learning Systems operates in accordance with the principles and standards of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
In all dealings with staff and learners, Australian Safety & Learning Systems endeavours to observe and comply with all relevant Commonwealth and State legislation, in particular the following:
- Work Health & Safety Act, 2011
- Work Health & Safety Regulation, 2011
- Workers’ Compensation & Rehabilitation Act, 2003
- Industrial Relations Act, 1999
- Fair Work Act, 2009
- Vocational Educational Training & Employment Act, 2000
- Copyright Act, 1968
- Anti-Discrimination Act, 1991
- Racial Discrimination Act, 1975
- Sex Discrimination Act, 1984
- Disability Discrimination Act, 1992
- Coal Mining Safety & Health Act, 1999
- Privacy Act, 1988
- Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2012
- Data Provision Requirements 2012
Access and Equity
All learners will be enrolled in an ethical and responsible manner, consistent with requirements of the relevant Training Product or National Training Package. Our Access and Equity policy ensures that client selection decisions comply with equal opportunity legislation.
Appropriately qualified staff will assess the extent to which an applicant is likely to achieve the stated competency standards and outcomes of a course based on the applicant’s qualifications and/or experience.
Australian Safety & Learning Systems is committed to providing quality service and is focussed on continuous improvement for all our systems, products and processes. We seek feedback from learners, staff and clients and value their contribution towards improving programs and services.
We have sound management and administrative processes to ensure delivery of an efficient client service. Learner assessment results, Qualifications and Statements of Attainment are issued in a timely manner and competencies are recorded and certified in accordance with national guidelines.
Our commitment to a quality client service is also demonstrated by the following:
- a Recognition of Prior Learning procedure;
- a fair and reasonable refund policy;
- a grievances and appeals procedure; and
- an access and equity policy (including language, literacy and numeracy assistance)
Australian Safety & Learning Systems ensures that this information is disseminated and understood by our staff and clients.
Our enrolment process ensures that all fees and charges are made known to learners prior to enrolment, course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined.
External Audit and Review
Australian Safety & Learning Systems participates in external monitoring and review processes conducted by State Government authorities. These processes may include random compliance and quality audits, audit following a complaint, and audit for the purpose of maintaining or extending our scope of registration.
Financial and Administrative Practices
Australian Safety & Learning Systems guarantees the sound financial position of the business. We take measures to ensure that course fees paid in advance are identified and protected and the business maintains appropriate insurance policies.
Learner records are managed to ensure confidentiality and security of learner information is maintained. All learner records are stored and archived in accordance with State Government departmental requirements and retained records are retrievable for perusal by learners or regulatory authorities if requested.
Marketing and Advertising
Australian Safety & Learning Systems markets its products and services with integrity, accuracy and professionalism, avoiding ambiguous and vague statements. In the provision of information, no false or misleading comparisons are drawn with any other training organisation or training product.
Training and Assessment Standards
Our staff have appropriate qualifications and experience to deliver training and assessment relevant to the training products and services offered. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our staff and we regularly conduct assessor monitoring and peer review to continually improve assessment methods and training delivery. Assessment is conducted in accordance with ASQA standards (including Recognition of Prior Learning and Direct Credit Transfer) and where necessary, arrangements for language, literacy or numeracy support are made.
At all times, we will provide adequate facilities, equipment and materials to create an environment that is conducive to successful learning.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy Policy & Procedure
Australian Safety & Learning Systems (ASLS) staff will ensure that prospective candidates meet minimum levels of language, literacy and numeracy skill where such a level is a prerequisite of enrolment.
ASLS recognises that there may be occasions when learners will need assistance in the areas of language, literacy and numeracy.
In these situations, ASLS staff will use alternative learning and assessment strategies that meet the requirements of the Nationally Recognised Training package or product.
If this is not possible, or proves to be inadequate in the circumstances, ASLS staff will report to a Principal instances where specialist expertise and assistance may be required. If necessary, ASLS will undertake to locate and direct the learner to an appropriate literacy and/or numeracy support program.
Make an enquiry today!
Call: 1300 260 300
Visit: Unit 10/718 Gympie Road, Lawnton QLD 4501
Start Your Course Today!
Reach out to us below.